The Malaysian Palm Oil Council (MPOC) is a corporate body and an agency under the Ministry of Plantation Industry and Commodities with a mission to promote the market expansion of Malaysian palm oil and its products by enhancing the image of palm oil and creating better acceptance of palm oil through awareness of various technological and economic advantages (techno-economic advantages) and environmental sustainability.
We are inviting Malaysians with a high degree of dedication and commitment to join our dynamic team in an effort to ensure the competitive and premier position of Malaysian Palm Oil (MPO) is continuously sustained. MPO is a major contributor to the well being of the Malaysian economy.
Reporting to the Director of Promotions & Branding, your duties and responsibilities will be as follows:-
- Assist MPOC in developing effective, accurate and action orientated communication strategies and work plans, improving public understanding of palm oil, assist in the development of outreach plans for MPOC to the media and web content development.
To fulfill this role, the candidate is expected to:
Provide communication development and editing support via:
- Research and write reports for the purpose of communicating strategic information
- Write /edit speeches and text
- Design marketing and information material for the purpose of information dissemination
- Assist in production of communication materials by writing and /or reviewing/editing newsletters, research papers, presentations, press releases and articles
- Ensure consistency and clarity in MPOC’s brand and messaging.
Content Building for MPOC’s Communications via:
- Collaborate with staff to develop written and graphic content for a variety of uses for website, reports, collateral, and media.
- Masters / Bachelor degree and have a distinguished background in science or environmental journalism or a related field and be a forceful writer
- Excellent writing skills (preferably in English) with the ability to explain complex subjects to a non-technical audience and editing experience will be necessary
- The successful candidate must be able to deliver quality text for internal and external stakeholders and be able to execute effective communications programmes
- With at least 7 to 10 years working of experience and able to demonstrate evidence of past productivity
- Highly motivated with ability to meet tight datelines
MARKETING & MARKET DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Market Development, your duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Assist MPOC in establishing appropriate databases (palm oil and other vegetable oils) for market development and to undertake market intelligence and activities for the Council.
- Assist in identifying market problems, challenges and opportunities domestically and internationally and to inform and advise management on the appropriate course of action to take.
- Undertaking feasibility studies and to identify investment opportunities and recommend appropriate actions.
- Organize and take up secretariat functions for any related meeting on the assigned region.
- Work closely with MPOC’s Overseas Representative in the course of your daily chores.
- Identifying key market areas (current and potential) and to plan and implement programmes and activities in order to secure greater market share.
- Assist in the development and planning of marketing and promotion activities and strategies for the Council.
- To coordinate with outside bodies like MPOB, MPOA, PORAM, MEOMA, POMA, NASH, KLCE, Ministry of Plantation Industries and Commodities, etc. in carrying out the Council’s activities.
- To help organize seminar, dialogues and meetings with various external agencies relating to marketing activities.
- You will be expected to assist with the work of other employees at MPOC as and when necessary and when called upon to do so.
- Masters/ Bachelors degree in Economics/Statistics/Marketing or its equivalent with at least 4 – 5 years working experience in a related field
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication and analytical skills
- Self motivated, strong communication skills (verbal and written) in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Competent in the use of spreadsheets and comfortable in undertaking presentations
- Strategic thinking, market analysis skills, commercial awareness especially of global commodities and an enquiring minds are assets we look for
SCIENCE & ENVIRONMENT EXECUTIVE (ENVIRONMENT)
Reporting to the Director of Science & Environment, your duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Assist MPOC in formulating and developing projects and strategies that are able to address current issues of palm oil industry’s impact on environment
- Work with external national and international organizations on the development of sustainable practices in the palm oil industry
- Assist MPOC in implementing programmes related to wildlife conservation through the Malaysian Palm Oil Wildlife Conservation Fund (MPOWCF)
- Author articles related to environment that address allegations faced by the Malaysian Palm Oil industry
- Work closely with government agencies, oil palm plantation companies and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) on issues related to the environment
- You will be expected to assist with the work of other employees at MPOC as and when necessary and when called upon to do so
- Masters / Bachelors degree in a related science or a relevant professional tertiary level qualification
- Minimum 5 years experience in a closely related working environment
- Must be capable of working independently and interact with other executives at MPOC to address opportunities and issues related to your job description
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills in English, supplemented with good oratorical skills
- Computer literate and multi tasking
- Highly motivated with ability to meet tight datelines
We offer an attractive remuneration package that commensurates with qualification and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications providing complete academic particulars, details of working experience and contact telephone number together with photocopies of relevant certificates and a recent passport-sized photograph (n.r.) not later than 25 July 2014 to:
Malaysian Palm Oil Council (192835-K)
2nd Floor, Wisma Sawit,
Lot 6, SS6, Jalan Perbandaran,
47301 Kelana jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated as confidential and only those shortlisted will be notified.