This international conference brings together world-renowned experts and researchers undertaking studies on the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of major oilseed crops, particularly oil palm. It provides a platform to exchange information, debate and find a consensus on the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) savings for palm oil and other oils.
The conference aims to highlight current LCA results used to determine the GHG savings value for biofuels and to consolidate these findings into a universally acceptable value for palm oil’s GHG calculations.
i. To deliberate results from various LCA studies of palm oil and other oilseed crops
ii. To identify Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission sources related to palm oil production systems and propose potential reduction and mitigation methods
WHO SHOULD COME
• International authorities/agencies drafting biofuels legislations and standards
• Researchers and experts undertaking LCA studies for biofuels
• NGOs, plantation companies, millers, refiners and traders
• Palm oil industry stakeholders keen to learn how to reduce the carbon footprint in their operations
• Companies providing services related to sustainability and environmental managementfor the plantation industry – Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Biobank / Carbon Credit, RSPO Certification, Waste Management etc.