SAUTEED CELERY AND LOTUS ROOT WITH GINGKO NUTS
This traditional recipe is simple enough that a beginner may attempt it with little difficulty. Yet, there is a distinct homemade taste to it. Michelle shares the recipe that started it all, from cold days of poverty to better years of prosperity. Serve as a delicious snack with beverages at all times to journey into the days of yester-year.
- 400 g toasted coconut (kerisik kelapa)
- 250 g sugar
- 200 g bread crumbs
- 50 g palm based margarine
- Place the toasted coconut, sugar, and bread crumbs in a large bowl and mix well. Rub the palm based margarine in by hand so that it is distributed evenly among the crumbs.
- Fill a circular biscuit mould with the dough and press down hard to form a round, compact biscuit, adding more dough as needed.
- Pre-set the oven to 180oC. Place compacted biscuits in a large baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes.