DEEP FRIED SALTED EGG CUTTLEFISH WITH EGG FLOSS
There’s a reason palm oil is so beloved amongst industry figures and chefs alike, those who know and uphold its true merits. A true gift to mankind, the cooking fats of the palm fruit can be utilised in a variety of methods where the culinary arts are concerned; it is easily incorporated into every dish, from salad dressings to deep-frying, baking to stir-frying.
Not discounting its various health benefits, its wide application foci is reason enough for chefs all over to praise and love it.
- 5 large cuttlefish, cleaned and cut into rings
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp corn flour 1 Ibsp rice flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder. 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 salted egg yolk, mashed
- 3 loop corn flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 loop custard powder
- 4 tbsp or more water
- palm oil for deep frying
FOR EGG FLOSS
- 1 cup palm oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- Marinate cuttlefish with marinade ingredients overnight in refrigerator.
- Mix together ingredients for batter in a bowl.
- Heat palm oil in a wok until hot
- Dip cultlefiish into batter and deep fry until golden brown. Do not overcrowd the wok.
- To make egg floss, heat palm oil and butter in a wok, then add curry leaves 10 infuse. Pour in egg yolks, turn heat down to medium and whisk until cooked. Strain and allow to cool.
- Serve cuttlefish with egg floss.