The Malaysian Palm Oil Council (MPOC) in collaboration with the Ministry of Primary Industries Malaysia, Malaysian Embassy in Warsaw and Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE) in Warsaw are pleased to announce the Malaysian Palm Oil Roundtable dialogue that will be held on the 17th of October 2019 in Warsaw, Poland.
This roundtable is a targeted platform that focuses on current and emerging palm oil issues and challenges in Europe region. This includes potential impacts on environment and climate change, certified sustainable palm oil, wildlife conservation and deforestation. Updates on sustainability initiatives and achievements by the palm oil industry will also be highlighted.
Dato Dr. Tan Yew Chong, Secretary General, Ministry of Primary Industries (MPI), Malaysia will chair the session. As such, this is an excellent opportunity to be updated on the latest developments on palm oil and sustainability, as well as networking with members of the oils and fats fraternity in Europe region.
- To improve understandings of palm oil, enhancing its applications and elucidating its numerous strengths and benefits.
- To rebalance the debate on palm oil.
- To uphold the good name of Malaysian palm oil by addressing the issues of perception, allegations and realities of palm oil.
- To safeguard the positioning of Malaysian palm oil as the most dominant vegetable oil in terms of market coverage, nutritional benefits, environmental sustainability and commercial success.
- To update on Malaysia as a trusted supplier of certified sustainable palm oil.
- To address any issues pertaining to palm oil in Europe region.
- To exchange information and to better understand the issues and challenges from the relevant stakeholders from the Business community, industries dealing with palm oil as well as oils and fats industry members, in Europe region.
I would like to seek your assistance to disseminate the information about the roundtable to your local stakeholders. We in MPOC would also like to encourage you to personally contact your stakeholders whom you feel will benefit from this roundtable dialogue, especially the relevant stakeholders from the business community, industries dealing with palm oil as well as Oils and Fats industry members in Europe region who need to be updated on the various issues and challenges facing palm oil.